Authorities have turned to the public to help find 10 outlaws, wanted over offences including sexual assault and murder, thought to be “hiding in plain sight” across the country.
Images of the men – accused or convicted of crimes in Victoria, NSW, Queensland and South Australia – have been released in the hopes people recognise them.
One, Jonathon Edward Dick, is wanted over the murder of his brother, David Dick, who was attacked with a sword and knife in the northeast Melbourne suburb of Doncaster last February.
Dick may be living on the streets after changing his appearance, according to Crime Stoppers.
In Queensland, Keith John Porter hasn’t been seen since he failed to attend a 2006 sentencing hearing over a cocaine and cannabis syndicate.
Wanted NSW man, Harley Bennett, is thought to have fled interstate in a breach of parole after being jailed over a 2003 sexual assault in Newcastle.
“These criminals may appear to be leading a normal life; they may be your work colleague, neighbour or a new person that has moved to your area, hiding in plain sight,” Crime Stoppers Australia chairman, Trevor O’Hara, said on Monday.
Anyone with information is urged to make a confidential report via 1800 333 000 or online, and may be eligible for a cash reward.
OUTLAWS ON THE RUN:
* Arron Michael Blenkinsop (AKA Andrew Ross Bailey): Convicted in Queensland in 2015 for drug trafficking. Failed to comply with conditions after being granted parole.
* Cody Allan Coppock (AKA Cody Gallegos, David Morris): Wanted over an aggravated break and enter at Armatree in NSW in February. Has “Gallegos” tattooed on his forearm.
* Graham Gene Potter (AKA Josh Lawson, Peter Anderson): Charged with two counts of conspiracy to murder at Brunswick in Melbourne in 2008.
* Harley Bennett: Sentenced over a 2003 aggravated sexual assault in Newcastle. Believed to have fled interstate after being granted parole.
* Johnathan Robert Simmons (AKA John Robert Griffiths, Tristian Simmons, John Simmons): Allegedly obtained more than $50,000 from a fraudulent punters website in Adelaide.
* Jonathon Edward Dick: Fled after the murder of his brother, David Dick, at Doncaster in Melbourne in February 2017.
* Keith John Porter: Failed to attend 2006 Brisbane Supreme Court sentencing hearing over a cocaine and cannabis trafficking syndicate.
* Paul Paterson (AKA Paul James, Jason Anthony Taylor): Convicted in 1996 for assaulting a child at Wauchope in NSW. Believed to be in the Darwin area.
* Pham Nguyen: Wanted for conduct endangering life after allegedly getting into a woman’s car and splashing her with petrol in Victoria last year.
* Paul Brent Steadman: Former Bathurst karate instructor charged in 2015 with sexually assaulting child under the age of 16. Steadman’s car was later found in bushland. He may have died.